Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another New Tie

This is another one of my new ties. I bought it at the same time as the Tie of the Year. It is going to be one of my favorites. I wore it yesterday with the pink shirt and shoe. I didn't get any compliments but I never do.

Have you ever noticed that almost all of your ties look good with a pink shirt? Like almost none of your ties look good with a yellow shirt? This is just one of the reasons that pink shirts are great. Another reason is that they make the ladies think that you are secure with your masculinity.

Back to ties, the purchasing of them continues. I seem to have enough shoes, jackets, and gray or tan pants to last a long time. Now all that's left to do is buy more and more ties. And maybe a couple of madras shirts. Oh, and I put the shoe in the picture just for fun.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great look. I had a similar tie, Ben Silver I believe, and wore it once/week for the entire decade of the 90's. A workhorse of a tie.

Anonymous said...

Great combo, all of it - A class act.

Russell.

Patrick said...

Be careful of buying ties. I started modestly. I developed an eye for quality. I started finding great ties in thrift shops. I got a huge lot from a Trad forum member who was moving; and another from a family friend who was retiring.

I also started in with Sam Hober (nee Mulberrywood).

I have about 300 ties now. It's utterly insane. I feel like one of those old ladies who live way back at the end of a dirt road in a cottage with 18 cats.

The Pink Shirt: Hooray from all of us with big fat red Irish faces, as the pink removes some of the bloom off the gin blossom, as it were.

Anonymous said...

- Worth mentioning that it's the Royal Marines tie for others who might wish to go shop for that Longwing look.

Russ.

longwing said...

tucker, tanks and maybe it's time for a replacement?

RS, Thanks for naming the tie. I hope I can remember it. And the longwing look is just the dumbed down brownshoe look, or it wants to be.

PLS, speak for yourself re big fat irish faces. The hober ties do sound great, but I'm trying to not get carried away. For now I'm sticking to Press. And get as many on sale as I can. I wish brooks would narrow down some of their classics.

lw

Patrick said...

The Hobers will make their version of the BB #1 stripe or any of the other "Trad Special" ties to whatever dimensions you wish. For about $80-90 - shipped from Thailand, no less - the only downside is the two-month wait.

Plus you get to chat with David, who is a very entertaining and interesting guy.

Lisa said...

Pink shirts are great! I still can't convince my dad to wear one. You'd think he would, since he is from New England... sheesh. He does look nice in that French Blue color.

Anonymous said...

WATE A MINUTA
I THOUGHT CHOPS WAS IN DA FLORAL BIZ!!!11 OMG WTF LOL

longwing said...

AV, I think you're right about the new profile line. I thought this place would be crawling with chicks by now. Better change it back to something more regular.