Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bow Ties and Mr. Smith



Mr. Smith first taught me to tie a bow: a black grosgrain number he bought for me along with my first tuxedo. I was a natural or so I thought, the ordeal requiring less than 10 minutes. After reading the numerous posts on the gentlemen's forums bemoaning the the knotting of the bow I'm certain my prowess has more to do with his instruction and less to do with any natural inclination I might possess.

My preference is a bold colored bow with a white shirt and navy blazer. And though I don't wear them often, as a tribute to Mr. Smith, I've selected this approximation of the jewell he often wears and will wear it next week when we celebrate his 5th year anniversary with us.

Perhaps I'll get the nod.



kind of you to read,

Chopper

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrrrr8 choice in nek-ware, Chops. & r u serious about halfing a butler. U da man Chops.

longwing said...

Chops, Nice post. And a great photo. Did you take it or swipe it from somewhere?
lw

Chops said...

After careful analysis, I've concluded that you double clicked the photo and noticed my fetching blazer (lap seams, welted breast)and want to know who made it for me. Just ask, if that's what you're after. You'll be happy to know it's in your style.

The myth is true. Secret shakes and high fives,

Chps

longwing said...

Woe, you really can double click on the pictures. I thought you were kidding. Glad I tried it. I've been thinking I had to shrink my future pictures down really really small to publish.

Blogger is pretty cool. Best part of bloggin'.