Monday, April 28, 2008

B.Y.O.B.

One of the features of mass production is that each time the manufacturer figures out how to cut costs by a quarter, he makes an extra bazillion dollars and you get either a cheaper or more efficient product. Well I hope that Mr. Claudio Del Vecchio is enjoying all his extra money because he must be saving a fortune on buttons.
Up until about a year or so ago one of the nice things about a Brooks Brothers jacket was that they used corozo buttons. In my view, these buttons set Brooks jackets apart from other similarly priced jackets on the market. Well those days are over my friends. Mr. Del Vecchio must have gone out and found the cheapest looking buttons in the world.
Here is my suggestion to Mr. Millionaire Del Vecchio: Just sell the jackets without any buttons, alright? The buttons you've got on there now are an insult to the jacket anyway. Why bother? Just put little dots on the jacket where the buttons are supposed to go and I'll go out and find some buttons myself.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Huh.

And here all this time I thought corozo was a kind of sausage.

WTB

3button Max said...

I was thinking along the lines of "rich corinthian leather"
Save the buttons from your old jackets cats.