Friday, April 18, 2008

Request for Submissions

No trad internet site can hope to be legit without some discussion of Metropolitan. I like movies and books as much as the next guy, but I never seem to have anything to say about them. So if anyone can write something intellegent and maybe even original about the movie I would be very happy to put it up here.

The authors of the selected pieces will receive a FREE one year subscription to "longwing's Traddest of All Newsletters" which doesn't actually exist yet but when it does will go for about $500.00 per year.

Or if you can say anything about Cheever that would be great too.

3 comments:

Chops said...

I prefer literary criticisms.

Patrick said...

I tried to watch this film twice and got nowhere.

Perhaps I am jaded by my experience with exploitation films, but Metropolitan just annoyed the hell out of me.

I guess I need an Aztec Mummy or an exploding zombie to really settle in.

longwing said...

chops, maybe we can get Lionel Trilling to contribute. Assuming he is still extant.

pls, but it's annoying in a good way.