Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Hypocrisy

People always say to me "longwing, although you are known to preach the good news of trad minimalism, I think that maybe you are full of baloney."

And I always say back "That's right. And the reason is because even though longwing is a man of principles, I also want to look good."

It has been this way since the beginning. How does one maintain his ideals while daily involved in the nitty-grittiness of everyday life? It is a struggle that separates the great from the merely ordinary. And so it is true that those who speak much of greatness are often revealed to be the most ordinary. Such is the fate of man. Such is the life of the long-suffering trad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO TRU3!!!!1!!1! OMG ITS Y I WRIET TEH WAY I DO AND SAY SO LITLE ABOUT MAH OWN GRAATNAS!!!!1!!! OMG

longwing said...

It must be very slow, typing in the way that you do.

Chops said...

We would all do well to remember that the faults of commission are always greater than those of omission.

Rarely have I regretted that which I 'didn't' wear.

plainly speaking,

Chops of Boredomshire

Patrick said...

I adjust my tie knot and sail forth into the world, secure in the knowledge that I at least appear to know what the hell I'm doing.